COVID-19 Safety Protocols
We are proud that our safety and infection control protocols have always exceeded the guidelines of both the CDA and CDC. Our office atmosphere provides one of safety to all who enter.
In light of the current Covid-19 Pandemic, we have added to our usual stringent practices. This page outlines the protocols that reflect the changes and upgrades to keep everyone safe. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of any respiratory illness, you are urged to stay at home.
General Safety Protocols
- Wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with soap and water, then dry. An alternative method is by the use of an alcohol-based hand sanitizing solution. Hands are washed upon arrival to the office, before and after each patient encounter.
- Proper usage of PPE (personal protective equipment) such as masks, gloves,jackets/gowns, and face shields when needed to protect us and you.
- Every person entering the office will be screened daily including but not limited to completing the screening questionnaire and having your temperature taken. If you are found to have a body temperature of 37.8°C or higher or refuse to have your temperature taken, you will be sent home.
- If you are found to have any of the risk factors, a follow-up series of questions will be asked and you will be required to complete/answer.
- If it is found that a patient’s screening is at all questionable, you will be sent home and be rescheduled for your appointment.
- Every team member will be screened daily.
Pre-screening Via Phone
- Before your appointment, we will call you to confirm your appointment and review the Covid-19 screening questionnaire. Your answers will help us determine your risk of being infectious. If we find that your answers confirm that either you or a member of your household could be infected, we will assist you in rescheduling your appointment.
- If you are required to complete new medical history forms, they must be submitted electronically to our office before your arrival so it may be reviewed. If you need assistance with accessing or completing the forms, please let us know in advance.
Patient Protocols in Reception and Front Office
- Please wait outside for a staff member to meet you and take your temperature
- You will be provided with hand sanitizer and a mask at the door upon entry to the office.
- We will take your temperature, review answers from the questionnaire, and will escort you to the treatment room to limit your time in the common areas.
- You will be expected to be aware of social distancing procedures and follow them as you would when in public places.
- We will make every effort to stay on time with your appointment. However, please be aware that unexpected delays do occur in the dental office setting. We kindly ask that you remain patiently in your vehicle until the office environment is again safe in terms of traffic.
- When you arrive at our office, you will notice some slight changes in the reception area. We have eliminated magazines and brochures and reduced the number of chairs to ensure adequate space for social distancing.
- Please be responsible for the health and safety of others and advise us of any changes in your symptoms from the time you first took the questionnaire through the time you present to the office.
- Plexiglass barriers have been implemented at the front desk to allow social distancing between the front desk staff and patients.
- You will notice that common areas will be wiped repeatedly before and following each patient encounter.
- You will be provided with a consent form to be signed prior to your procedure.